It’s more than training. It’s a community.
Patient Navigation Training Program
Susan G. Komen’s Patient Navigation Training Program is a supportive, interactive learning community designed to empower trainees, including those traditionally underrepresented in healthcare careers. The training program gives navigators the tools and resources to overcome barriers for those experiencing breast health inequities and provides a peer network and support system.
- Join Komen’s Patient Navigation Training Program
- Participate in at least four courses from our virtual robust catalog
- Participate in at least two virtual events
- Obtain a certificate of completion and be inducted into the Navigation Nation Community
- Have ongoing opportunities to interact via “Navigation Nation” courses, webinars, events and community forums
What to Expect
This is more than a training. It is a supportive, interactive learning community with a full suite of learning opportunities and events.
“It’s so important to quantify the value of navigation, “this is just amazing… It takes a village to make the changes needed in all our communities.”
“Knowing the history of medicine and how we were treated as patients…. I pray that everyone who had the opportunity to see the training will think of ways to improve the health system for people of color.”
“…I am honored that this program (was) created… so that I as a black woman, can assist other fellow black women in receiving adequate cancer care.”
“Thank you for sharing the knowledge this is very motivating and encouraging to all of us. You make us feel value as a patient navigator. Thank you again.”