Complementary and Integrative Therapies References
- Clarke TC, Black LI, Stussman BJ, Barnes PM, Nahin RL. Trends in the use of complementary health approaches among adults: United States, 2002-2012. National health statistics reports. Number 79. Hyattsville, MD. National Center for Health Statistics, 2015.
- Gansler T, Kaw C, Crammer C, Smith T. A population-based study of prevalence of complementary methods use by cancer survivors: a report from the American Cancer Society’s studies of cancer survivors. Cancer. 113(5):1048-57, 2008.
- Saxe GA, Madlensky L, Kealey S, Wu DP, Freeman KL, Pierce JP. Disclosure to physicians of CAM use by breast cancer patients: findings from the Women’s Healthy Eating and Living Study. Integr Cancer Ther. 7(3):122-9, 2008.
- Davis SR, Lijovic M, Fradkin P, et al. Use of complementary and alternative therapy by women in the first 2 years after diagnosis and treatment of invasive breast cancer. Menopause. 17(5):1004-9, 2010.
- Sohl SJ, Weaver KE, Birdee G, Kent EE, Danhauer SC, Hamilton AS. Characteristics associated with the use of complementary health approaches among long-term cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer. 22(4):927-36, 2014.
- Clarke TC. The use of complementary health approaches among U.S. adults with a recent cancer diagnosis. J Altern Complement Med. 24(2):139-145, 2018.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What’s in a name? https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health, 2018.
- Ang-Lee MK, Moss J and Yuan CS. Herbal medicines and perioperative care. JAMA. 286: 208-216, 2001.
- Sparreboom A, Cox MC, Acharya MR, Figg WD. Herbal remedies in the United States: potential adverse interactions with anticancer agents. J Clin Oncol. 22(12):2489-503, 2004.
- Gerber B, Scholz, Reimer T, Briese V, Janni W. Complementary and alternative therapeutic approaches in patients with early breast cancer: a systematic review. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 95(3):199-209, 2006.
- Lawenda BD, Kelly KM, Ladas EJ, Sagar SM, Vickers A, Blumberg JB. Should supplemental antioxidant administration be avoided during chemotherapy and radiation therapy? J Natl Cancer Inst. 100(11):773-83, 2008.
- Hershman DL1, Unger JM, Crew KD, et al. Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of acetyl-L-carnitine for the prevention of taxane-induced neuropathy in women undergoing adjuvant breast cancer therapy. J Clin Oncol. 31(20):2627-33, 2013.
- Ernst E. Complementary and alternative therapies for cancer, in Up-to-Date (Hesketh PJ, Savarese DMF, eds.). Up-to-Date, 2019.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Are you considering a complementary health approach? https://nccih.nih.gov/health/decisions/consideringcam.htm, 2016.