Komen Financial Assistance Program
Are you struggling with the financial burden of a breast cancer diagnosis? We’re here to help.
Financial hardships shouldn’t keep those with breast cancer from getting the care they need. While medical treatment and care are typically the primary costs associated with a breast cancer diagnosis, there are other expenses of daily living that can prevent patients from getting the care they need, when they need it. The Komen Financial Assistance Program is here to help.Click to translate to Spanish.
Visit our FAQs page to find answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- We make every effort to process all completed applications within six weeks of receipt.
- All applications are processed in the order they are received.
- To reduce processing delays, please submit completed applications, including the required medical letter, at the same time.
- Please do not submit applications more than once, as duplicate applications will increase processing time.
- Funds may be used for daily-living costs such as rent, utilities, food, transportation, childcare, etc. (See full list on page 3 of the application.)
- Funding payments may only be made directly to the applicant.
- Funding amount is based on the current stage of breast cancer:
$500 is available for eligible individuals with earlier-stage breast cancer (stages 0-3).
$750 is available for eligible individuals with metastatic breast cancer (stage 4), which is cancer that has spread to other parts of the body such as the bones, lungs, liver or brain.
- Applicant must:
- Currently be in treatment for breast cancer or living with metastatic breast cancer.
- Have a current annual household income at or below 300% FPL (see table below).
- Live in the United States or a U.S. Territory.
- Individuals may apply once every 12 months based on the last payment date.
|Persons in Family/Household||300% of the 2023 Federal Poverty Level (FPL)|
|48 Contiguous States and D.C.||Hawaii||Alaska|
|300% of the 2023 Federal Poverty Line (FPL)|
|Persons in Family/Household||48 Contiguous States and D.C.||Hawaii||Alaska|
Apply Online Through MyKomen Health
MyKomen Health is your private, secure space to apply for financial assistance and access personalized health information and helpful resources.
With your free MyKomen Health account, you can securely submit and track your financial assistance application online.
Download Application and Apply Later
Download an application, complete it, and send it to us along with the required medical letter using one of the following methods:
- Postal Mail:
Susan G. Komen
13770 Noel Road
Dallas, TX 75380
Available in Spanish
To find out more about our program and the application process, click here to find answers to the most frequently asked questions.Contact us for questions about the program or existing applications.
*Please allow two business days for a reply.
Phone: (972) 866-4233
Monday–Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m. CT
Se habla Español.