- Kroenke CH, Kwan ML, Neugut AI, et al. Social networks, social support mechanisms, and quality of life after breast cancer diagnosis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 139(2):515-27, 2013.
- Lee MK, Park S, Lee ES, Ro J, Kang HS, Shin KH, Lee KS, Chung KW, Kim SW, Yun YH. Social support and depressive mood 1 year after diagnosis of breast cancer compared with the general female population: a prospective cohort study. Support Care Cancer. 19(9):1379-92, 2011.
- Smith SK, Herndon JE, Lyerly HK, et al. Correlates of quality of life-related outcomes in breast cancer patients participating in the Pathfinders pilot study. Psychooncology. 20(5):559-64, 2011.
- Kwan ML, Ergas IJ, Somkin CP, et al. Quality of life among women recently diagnosed with invasive breast cancer: the Pathways Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 123(2):507-24, 2010.
- Björneklett HG, Lindemalm C, Rosenblad A, et al. A randomised controlled trial of support group intervention after breast cancer treatment: results on anxiety and depression. Acta Oncol. 51(2):198-207, 2012.
- Miller LM, Rowland JH, Massie MJ. Chapter 89: Psychosocial adaptation during and after breast cancer, in Harris JR, Lippman ME, Morrow M, Osborne CK. Diseases of the Breast, 5th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2014.
- Leung J, Pachana NA, McLaughlin D. Social support and health-related quality of life in women with breast cancer: a longitudinal study. Psychooncology. 23(9):1014-20, 2014.
- Durá-Ferrandis E, Mandelblatt JS, Clapp J, et al. Personality, coping, and social support as predictors of long-term quality-of-life trajectories in older breast cancer survivors: CALGB protocol 369901 (Alliance). Psychooncology. 2017 Feb 20. [Epub ahead of print].
- Brandão T, Schulz MS, Matos PM. Psychological adjustment after breast cancer: a systematic review of longitudinal studies. Psychooncology. 2016 Jul 20 [Epub ahead of print].
- Michael YL, Berkman LF, Colditz GA, et al. Social networks and health-related quality of life in breast cancer survivors: a prospective study. J Psychosom Res. 52: 285-93, 2002.
- Leung J, Smith MD, McLaughlin D. Inequalities in long term health-related quality of life between partnered and not partnered breast cancer survivors through the mediation effect of social support. Psychooncology. 25(10):1222-1228, 2016.
- Reynolds P, Hurley S, Torres M, et al. Use of coping strategies and breast cancer survival: results from the Black/White Cancer Survival Study. Am J Epidemiol. 152: 940-9, 2000.
- Kroenke CH, Kubzansky LD, Schernhammer ES, Holmes MD, Kawachi I. Social networks, social support, and survival after breast cancer diagnosis. J Clin Oncol. 24(7):1105-11, 2006.
- Epplein M, Zheng Y, Zheng W, et al. Quality of life after breast cancer diagnosis and survival. J Clin Oncol. 29(4):406-12, 2011.
- Kroenke CH, Quesenberry C, Kwan ML, Sweeney C, Castillo A, Caan BJ. Social networks, social support, and burden in relationships, and mortality after breast cancer diagnosis in the Life After Breast Cancer Epidemiology (LACE) Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 137(1):261-71, 2013.
- Kroenke CH, Michael YL, Poole EM, et al. Postdiagnosis social networks and breast cancer mortality in the After Breast Cancer Pooling Project. Cancer. 123(7):1228-1237, 2017.
- Kissane DW, Love A, Hatton A, et al. Effect of cognitive-existential group therapy on survival in early-stage breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 22(21):4255-60, 2004.
- Goodwin PJ, Leszcz M, Ennis M, et al. The effect of group psychosocial support on survival in metastatic breast cancer. New Engl J Med. 345(24):1719-1726, 2001.
- Mustafa M, Carson-Stevens A, Gillespie D, Edwards AG. Psychological interventions for women with metastatic breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. (6):CD004253, 2013.
- Jassim GA, Whitford DL, Hickey A, Carter B. Psychological interventions for women with non-metastatic breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. (5):CD008729, 2015.
- Goodwin PJ. Support groups in advanced breast cancer. Cancer. 104(11 Suppl):2596-601, 2005.
- LaTour K. The Breast Cancer Companion. New York, William Morrow, Inc., 1993.
- Burgess C, Cornelius V, Love S, Graham J, Richards M, Ramirez A. Depression and anxiety in women with early breast cancer: five year observational cohort study. BMJ. 330(7493):702, 2005.
- Jones SM, LaCroix AZ, Li W, et al. Depression and quality of life before and after breast cancer diagnosis in older women from the Women’s Health Initiative. J Cancer Surviv. 9(4):620-9, 2015.
- National Cancer Institute. Depression (PDQ®)-Patient Version. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/coping/feelings/depression-pdq#section/_49, 2016.
TOOLS & RESOURCES