3rd Annual Live Pink Program Helps Consumers Cut Through the Clutter of Pink Products
Susan G. Komen®, the world’s leading breast cancer organization, announced today the return of its annual “Live Pink” program, which showcases many of its corporate partners and their products available in October that raise funds for Komen and its fight to save lives from breast cancer. The program easily identifies the products and services that support Komen’s advocacy, research and patient care services for those who are looking to make a real difference with their shopping during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
“It can sometimes be difficult to determine if products sold during October actually benefit a breast cancer charity,” said Sarah Rosales, Vice President of Corporate Partnerships. “Susan G. Komen’s partners are offering wonderful products and services this year and we are so grateful for their support.”
Komen has partnered with more than 25 companies as part of the 3rd Annual Live Pink program. All of the brands in the Live Pink portfolio help fund research and care services that support people through their breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and beyond. Products and services available for purchase this year include specially designed articles of clothing and skin care products, to bagels and bikes:
- BJ’s Wholesale’s Earth Yoga Eco Curve Hoodie
- Echelon® GT+ Connect Bike Susan G. Komen Edition
- Ford Warriors in Pink’s Courage & Care Gift Tote
- Hint’s Pink Ribbon Variety Pack
- Kent Bike’s 26” Woman’s Floral Cruiser Bike
- Mielle Organics’ Oats & Honey Collection
- Natura Bissé’s Nourishing Natural Balm
- Panera Bread’s Pink Ribbon Bagel® and Pink Ribbon eGift Card
- Topgolf Swing Pink Party
- Wacoal’s Bras with a Cause
Before consumers purchase a product that they think benefits a breast cancer charity, Komen recommends they ask themselves:
- What charity is the program supporting? Do promotional materials about the product or service clearly and conspicuously state this information? In many instances, Komen’s logo will be printed on the product’s packaging.
- How will the benefiting charity use the donation? Consumers should know where their money is going and what charitable programs your purchase will support. Funds raised to benefit Komen go to support the organization’s advocacy for breast cancer patients, investments in research and a number of direct patient care services.
- How is the program structured? Ask questions about what percent or exact amount of the proceeds will go to the charity. Or if the company will be making a minimum or maximum donation to the charity. Komen provides program details and transparency about how donations are structured.