Questions to Ask Your Doctor
The Questions to Ask the Doctor About Breast Cancer series includes 16 topic cards on a variety of breast cancer issues. Each card contains pertinent questions to discuss with your doctor regarding a specific breast cancer topic. You can download and print the cards and bring them with you to your next doctor’s appointment. Plenty of space is provided to jot down the answers to the questions. These topic cards are a valuable tool for women who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, who may be too overwhelmed to even know where to begin to start gathering information. These topic cards are also available in Spanish.
Topic Cards Available for Download
- Biosimilars– questions regarding biosimilars.
- Bone Protection for People with Metastatic Breast Cancer in the Bone– questions to help you and your doctor talk about bone complications and how to prevent them.
- Breast Biopsy – questions regarding different types of biopsies, the biopsy procedure and aftereffects.
- Breast Cancer Surgery– questions to help you prepare for breast cancer surgery both before and after.
- Breast Density – questions regarding breast density.
- Breast Reconstruction – questions about reconstructive surgery, insurance issues and possible side effects.
- Chemotherapy and Side Effects – questions regarding chemotherapy treatment and possible side effects.
- Clinical Trials – questions regarding participating in a clinical trial.
- Hormone Therapy and Side Effects – questions regarding hormone therapy.
- If You Find a Lump in Your Breast – questions regarding mammography and other tests if a lump or change is found.
- Inherited Genes and Breast Cancer Risk – questions regarding genetic counseling/testing, benefits and risks of genetic testing, insurance coverage, confidentiality issues and options for women at a greater risk for breast cancer.
- Lymphedema – questions regarding the risk of developing lymphedema, precautions to avoid lymphedema and treatment of lymphedema.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer – questions about metastatic breast cancer, treatment and quality of life issues.
- Radiation Therapy and Side Effects – questions regarding radiation treatment.
- Screening Mammogram– information about preparing for a mammogram, insurance coverage, mammography results and next steps if an abnormality is detected.
- When Breast Cancer is Diagnosed – questions regarding diagnostic testing, types of breast cancer and prognostic factors.
Updated May 5, 2020