Financial hardships shouldn’t keep patients from getting the treatments they need, which is why we created the Komen Treatment Assistance Program. We know medical treatments and care can be expensive, but there are additional costs that can prevent an individual from receiving the treatment they need.
Eligibility Criteria – Applicant must:
- Currently in treatment for breast cancer,
- Have a current annual household income at or below 300% FPL (see table below),
- Reside in the United States or a US Territory,
- Not received an award in the past 12 months.
- Award amount is based on current stage of cancer. Patients with metastatic (Stage IV) breast cancer will receive $500; patients with earlier-stage breast cancer (Stage 0 to III) will receive $300.
- Cancer stage must be stated on the applicant’s medical provider letter (see application for complete list of requirements).
Awards may be used for breast cancer treatment related expenses such as:
- Side-effect management medication (e.g. pain, anti-nausea, etc.)
- Child care/elder care
- Oral treatment medication (e.g. chemotherapy, hormone therapy, etc.)
- Transportation to and from treatment
- Durable medical equipment (e.g. oxygen tank, walker, etc.)
- Lymphedema care and supplies
- Food or groceries
- Palliative care
- Home health care
|Persons in Family/Household||300% of the 2021 Federal Poverty Level (FPL)|
|48 Contiguous States and D.C.||Hawaii||Alaska|
|250% of the 2020 Federal Poverty Line (FPL)|
|Persons in Family/Household||48 Contiguous States and D.C.||Hawaii||Alaska|
• Call Komen’s Breast Care Helpline at 1-877-GO-KOMEN (465-6636). A Komen Helpline specialist can determine if you are eligible and walk you through the application over the phone.
We can be reached from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
(Habla en Espanol.)
• Download an application and apply.
- Confirm eligibility.
- Download a treatment assistance application now.
Email your complete application to
OR mail your print application toSusan G. Komen
ATTN: Treatment Assistance Program
13770 Noel Road, Suite 801889,
Dallas, TX 75380
• Apply Online
Apply online and help test a new (BETA) online application that automatically connects with your MyKomen Health account. You can create, submit, and track your application through your secure MyKomen Health account. It also offers you immediate access to personalized health information and helpful resources.
Click APPLY NOW to register and apply today.