News & Events
View recent advocacy news, comment letters written and signed on to by Komen and learn more about how you can join us at our events.
- Komen’s 2021-2022 Advocacy Priorities Seek More Equitable Care for All – January 4, 2021
- Susan G. Komen® Applauds Passage of Omnibus COVID-19 Economic Relief and Appropriations Package to Fund Critical Breast Health Programs, Support Patients Impacted by Breast Cancer – December 22, 2020
- The Affordable Care Act, Supreme Court and You – November 3, 2020
Learn more about what our team is up to. Read our monthly update on Komen’s federal and state activities, education on key topics impacting the breast cancer journey and a look ahead to the coming month and engagement opportunities.
In addition to our ongoing issue campaigns, Komen regularly engages with federal policymakers and regulatory agencies such as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Click on the links below to read our most recent statements and comment letters submitted by Komen or within coalition.
- Most Favored Nation – December 2020
- Guidance on Premenopausal Women with Breast Cancer – December 2020
- The 100 Day Agenda: A Patient-First Blueprint – October 2020
- Office of Women’s Health Strategic Priorities – September 2020
The resources below have been created to provide additional education on topics impacted by our public policy and advocacy work.
• Susan G. Komen commissioned study: Understanding Cost & Coverage Issues with Diagnostic Breast Imaging.
• Watch our latest webinars and virtual events, including our regular Patients’ Access Webinar Series.